Are you the best?You could win a £500 prize plus the opportunity of a paid internship.
What we offer:
Set yourself apart from many other graduates and develop your personal and professional skills through:
- Assessment Centre experience for short-listed candidates,
- £500 sponsorship for the winner (paid when they start university),
- Opportunity for paid internship during their summer holidays.
Who can apply?:
We accept applications from anyone who meets the following criteria:
- In Year 13 at the Shrewsbury Sixth Form College
- Applying to University
Whatever your interests and whatever your course, if you meet the criteria we want to hear from you.
Sign up today to be updated on our sponsorship scheme
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, send us your name, email address and a quick message below and we’ll make sure to keep you posted on everything you need to know about the sponsorship.
How Could You Benefit?
Our sponsorship application and selection process is similar to what we would undertake for a client who was paying for our recruitment service. This will provide each applicant will experience a job application process and those few that make it through will go on to our assessment centre. Regardless of how far you get in the process you’ll be gaining valuable experience which will be valued by potential future employers. You’ll benefit from:
- Experience filling in an application form and creating a professional CV
- Experience preparing and attending a job interview and an Assessment Centre
- Feedback and advice on improving performance during interviews and Assessment Centres
- An opportunity to realise your own strengths and weaknesses within the job application processes and to then develop these skills.
Not only will the winner gain all the same experiences and benefits as the applicants, they will also be rewarded with the following:
- A one-off £500 sponsorship prize paid on attendance to university (to spend as you please)
- Opportunity for a paid internship over the summer holidays
- Work experience that gives you the opportunity to develop new skills
- Experiences working that look great on your CV and focus on your own personal development.
What could you do:
There are a range of opportunities available at Wellmeadow based on our clients needs at the time, so we try to match work up with your own skill sets and interests whatever they may be. Forget making cups of tea and the monotonous cycle of print, scan, shred repeat. Not only do we want you to be finding your work valuable but we’d like to give you a real insight into the world of work and what we do here that is so different from most other companies in the area. In previous years this has included:
- Website and logo design,
- Producing marketing materials such as newsletters, blog articles, posters and even our very own magazine,
- Creating videos displayed at client management days as a summary of the days overarching message,
- Researching data and creating info-graphics and pivot tables to visually represent and interpret findings,
- Researching and developing features of bespoke software applications,
- Producing client specific user application testing and documentation,
- Help organising the SSFC Sponsorship assessment centre including evaluating applications, choosing the activities and assessments and assistance selecting the best candidate,
- Assistance at client sites to help run assessment centres including preparing candidate overviews, leading activities, time keeping and reviewing applicants performance at the end of the day.
So if you’d like to experience management consultancy and the work we do here with our clients, or even just develop your own business skills then why not apply? There really isn’t anything to lose, so why not just give it a go?
What could you develop:
Here at Wellmeadow personal development is very important to us. We pride ourselves on having versatile people who are good at ‘getting stuff done’ so how do you come in? Well, as an intern you become part of our team which means that although we are always here to guide you, the longer you spend with us the more we expect you to build the following skills:
- Your ability to prioritise,
- Commercial and business awareness,
- Decision making,
- Independent working and using your initiative,
- Problem solving,
- Time management and organisation,
- Use of different software and technology,
- Verbal and written communication.
These skills are inherent in any profession and vital to running a successful business. So not only is it a great opportunity for you to develop these skills organically, but it can also give you a great sense of achievement afterwards when you see how far you’ve come from your first day with us to your last.
What our previous winners have said:
Entering for the Wellmeadow Sponsorship was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made and yet I really had nothing to lose. Not only is my work always important and my contribution always appreciated, I have been made to feel like part of the team and am always included in out of work activities.
Since winning two years ago I have been involved in, and even run, an array of projects, learnt new skills and developed old ones, and been given the opportunity to work directly with clients. As time went on I was given the freedom to work independently on projects, prompting a lot of self-reflection and analysis as well as increasing my confidence in my own capabilities. This environment, based on a trust Wellmeadow were neither obliged nor expected to give, has taught me a lot of invaluable soft skills (often ignored by employees but expected by employers) as well as a lot about myself and my own strengths and weaknesses.
I could not stress enough how fantastic an opportunity this is for anyone looking to gain some experience in business, some extra money to help cover university expenses or even just to take an opportunity to advance their own skills.Stephanie Antrobus